Kato Shigeaki 加藤シゲアキ NEWS RING Jweb -RING ♥ 471- 27 January 2021

471

『ushiro kara hagu (Hug from behind)』→ぐ (gu)


「Guro-bu Za (The Globe Theatre)」


Information has been released, hasn’t it?

I have been confirmed to be acting in the stage play “Modern Boys”.

When I was thinking about how it’s about time I want to do a stage play, I received this offer and I was very excited.

There are many reasons for that.

Of course, firstly, it’s what the stage play is about.

I can feel the vigour of the stage people in the early Showa period.
And the possibility of an expression that only I can do is there.

I had that kind of expectations.

It has been on stage once 27 years ago and I looked through the script and videos, and these feelings got stronger.

Above all, the one acting in this role was my big senior, Kimura Takuya-san.

Kimura-san at that time was about one round younger than the current me but his aura and the level of perfection was terribly amazing...

After I was done watching the videos, the contrasting feelings of wanting to act out the same role as him and of me being impudent were within me...

Even so, indeed, there’s the me who still wants to do it.
I don’t wish for anyone else to act out this role, I want to do it.
I feel like it’s been a long time since I have such thoughts.

Apart from being able to act in this play this time, I visited Kimura-san, and I kept being overwhelmed by his drive and presence, and he talked to me without any airs and even gave me an encouraging yell, “Work hard. Be careful.”

While I thought about how I want to become like him, I also enthusiastically thought about how I know definitively that I have to act out this role myself.

And, the theatre.

This is the first time that I will be standing on the stage of the New National Theatre.

A stage play away from The Globe Theatre that has always been taking care of me.

I do feel the nervousness.

Whenever one is taking up a new challenge, it is always scary and fun.

My heart can’t stop pounding with excitement.

But well, “Sen, Shoku” is going to be under the care of The Globe Theatre too.

With this and that.

It’s a hard schedule but, just like what my senior told me, I will work hard while being careful!!!!


Everyone, too.

Please be careful.

And for people who have decided to come and watch the stage play.
Please absolutely take it easy.

But I’ll be happy if you eagerly anticipate it.


Kato Shigeaki


加藤シゲアキ『Guro-bu Za (The Globe Theatre)』→



The Showa period is from 25 December 1926 to 7 January 1989.
"One round younger" means about 12 years younger due to the fact that there are 12 Chinese zodiacs in one round.
Shige is in the lead role, Yahagi Kanade, in the stage play called, "Modern Boys".
Shige's other work has been adapted into a stage play called the same name, "Sen, Shoku". It literally translates to "Dye, Colour".

Comments